This is perhaps the most exciting news I’ve heard all week! We all have access to the country’s experts from all different backgrounds, all in one place, all for free! The Food Revolution is one of the books that changed my life. It was written by John Robbins, and I had just posted recently about his new book – There Are No Happy Cows. John has an amazing way of discussing the wide reaching effects of our dietary choices – on our own health, on the planet, on the economy, and of course on the animals.
He and his son have assembled 21 experts – doctors, authors, researchers, speakers for the first ever International Food Revolution Summit. And you’re on the VIP list. Or at least you can be! Experts like Dean Ornish, Caldwell Esselstyn, T. Colin Campbell, Neal Barnard, Gene Baur, Joel Fuhrman, Joseph Mercola, and Kathy Freston might ring a bell. Most of them have a book and/or movie on my recommended reading list. These are some incredible people, and they are presenting webinars that you can listen to – for free – in your living room. WHAT?!?!! This is seriously nuts!
Here’s the catch – you have to sign up to receive the link to access the webinar. And you have to watch them live. There are 3 sessions each day for 7 days 4/28-5/6. If you even catch ONE of these sessions, it will be worth your time.
Ok, I’ve led the horse to water… Will you drink of it’s wealth?! Here’s the link again.
And because I can’t resist sharing more information, here’s a lengthy bullet list of what they’ll be talking about:
Did you know that…
- Genetically engineered food is unlabeled, untested, and you’re probably eating it.
- Genetically engineered foods have been linked to toxic and allergic reactions in people; to sickness, sterility and fatalities in livestock; anddamage to virtually every organ studied in lab animals.
- More than 80% of the foods you eat in restaurants and buy at supermarkets contain genetically engineered ingredients.
- If you don’t count French fries, ketchup or pizza as vegetables, more than half of Americans eat no vegetables at all.
- Thanks to the American diet, a child born today in the U.S. has a one in three chance of developing diabetes.
- The typical U.S. meal contains ingredients grown in 5 other nations. Toxic pesticides that are illegal to use in the United States are still manufactured in the U.S. These poisons are shipped oversees and sprayed on food grown in other countries. The United States then imports this same food back in a circle of poison.
Our speakers will share their expertise in areas like:
- Heart disease is the #1 killer, but it can be prevented and even reversed without drugs, surgery or excessive exercise. Find out how.
- Cancer kills more than 20,000 people per day. We’re going to share the top foods that can help you prevent it (and sometimes even cure it).
- Recent reports say soy is toxic. Is it true? What’s the real story?
- Which fats are healthy for you, and which are so hazardous that they should come with warning labels?
- Find out about superfood breakthroughs that can give you health and vitality.
- Fast food is cheap, convenient, and tasty. But eating it can lead to obesity and higher rates of heart disease. Sowhat are the real costs?
- Millions of people are eating raw or mostly raw diets. Is it a nutritional breakthrough, or a dangerous fad?
- Organic foods are increasingly popular. Are they an over-priced scam, or fundamental to your health and the health of your world?
- What’s the skinny on grassfed beef? Is it really healthier and more sustainable?
- You may have seen some videos on how factory farms treat livestock. You may have seen how unclean, unsafe and inhumane the conditions are… But do you know how it directly affects your health and life?
- People of low income suffer the most from food-related disease. How can you fight for access to healthy food for everybody?
- There’s a good chance you consume foods every day that contain genetically modified organisms. They may be in your pantry right now! Find out what they are and why it matters.
- If you care about global warming, chew on this: Cows impact our climate more than cars. What’s the mostclimate-friendly diet?
- You can help save the environment with your knife and fork. We’ll show you how you can actually stop big-agribusiness and build a better world by eating right.
- Certain food policies would make a huge difference politically. What are they?
- Find out how to be a positive influence on others – not a self-righteous nag. Yes, you can get your family to eat healthy like you instead of looking at you like a nut. We’ll give you tips.
- How you can stock a healthy pantry without spending a fortune.